Mr. Chiotos' Record

Friday, January 11, 2008

Old Poems

These are poems I found when I was rummaging through my box & bag of things that matter...figure I'll put em up here....



Abandoned Lover


A star falls,
a tear from
an abandoned lover.
He makes a wish,
a wish for love
and a wish for hope.
The meteor dissappears,
but his love will not sunder

He stays in their field,
staring at the sky,
cannot find her.
He can feel her breath,
her touch,
her cherried lips upon his.
He hears footsteps and
jolts to his feet.
He stares at nothing.

Falls asleep,
snug with his thoughts,
a warm blanket.
Awakes,
(its two A.M)
to the fading sound
of breathing.
No one is there.

A thousand nights
spent like this,
all of them wasted.
With the rising sun,
he knows
what he would not remember the nights before.
The doctors could do nothing,
she was gone.


Aphrodite's Fate

Jet black runs through your hair,
resisting it I could hardly bear.
I can see ages past in your eyes,
all the broken words and the lies.

I pledge to honor our relations,
and will not commit to intimidation.
You will receive only respect,
and only my personal best.

Your presence creates a print in my mind,
and I have never had any of this kind.
I can see you strolling through my head,
in this dream that I cannot shed.

I can see the two of us driving down the sun-swept
highway,
I can see the two of us swimming in the bay.
I can see the two of us up in the mountains,
I can see the two of us drinking in those spring
fountains.

Aphrodite’s fated hands have brought us together,
and have made my heart as light as a feather.
Are we to turn away fate,
or could I just be too late?


Church vs State

What if I was allowed into Heaven
could i touch the soil
What if the Church went to war
would its people remain loyal

Who will question blind faith
Does it have to be a martyr
Should he make a deal with the Heavens
And will he have to barter

Ares raises his mighty sword
and shaves off Aphrodite’s head
He looks at her in sorrow
As he pumps her full of lead

Ares was a sad man
who didnt like to cry
Mars was a crazy man
Who always had to lie

Jesus comes face to face with them
Keeping a stern brow
He was pledged to nonviolence
But that has ended now

The Church has been mobilized
Its believers will fight
They’ll keep their Revalations
And try to see the light

Across from them sits the Government
Which will meet its fate
The Court ended long ago
Church vs the State

You may call this a Holy War
Crusade if you will
But I’ll call it what it is
Nothing vs Nil


Future Unknown

Let us take a trip
into the future unknown
Let us see whats beyond
every corner
and behind
every shadow

I can see the great master
beckon us,
come if you will

I can see the mechanical man
beside us
take this pill

Your terrified face
comforts me
you want to stay
on this border between fiction
and harsh reality


Haikus

Material Comfort
Surrounded by things
None of them have a heartbeat
They still comfort me.

Social Classes
Red-Blooded worker
Red blood dreams of being blue
Blue blood is not real

Capitalism
The dollar is king
In the world of businessmen
People are the pawns

Doctors Creation
The created face
A mask over true beauty
True beauty is real

Conforming
Majority’s rule
constricting minorities
breathless free-thought dies


Highway's Roar

Dark, Desert,
Highway roars
Screaming pavement
Scorpions adore

A man is laughing,
a woman cries
She looks out her window
into his eyes

A fist comes through
shattering fright
A woman sprawls
into the night

Searching for anger
Searching for fear
Seaching for anything
She is near

A crime is done
time has past
The future holds
only what will last

Dark Desert
Highway roars
screaming pavement
scorpions adore


Grandma

Eighty years,
many will not live that long.
Eighty years,
few will survive it
with the strength that you have.

If it were not for you,
none of us would be here
If it were not for your attitude,
wise yet silly and disciplined yet humorous
we would never be the same.

You have kept this family closer knit
than any I have seen.
You have built a dynasty that
will endure until the last of us
has gone.


One more suicide

Things like this happen every day
Somewhere, somehow
One more Suicide, One more Dead
The Facts and Figures,
they’ve already been said

Yesterday one more killed himself;
jumped off a Bridge he did,
and to these tears
there can be no lid.

I found the news sitting on a table;
half a page devoted to the “crime.”
It was about the road and traffic,
and how those waiting
wasted their time.

Too many wet eyes
not enough shoulders.
Too many friends
trying to move boulders.


Empty Chairs

empty chairs
now filled
with friends and lovers
who seem to change with the seasons

circle of friends
now ever-changing
as they rise
to let others sit

rising to leave him
to the strangest strangers hand
rising to leave him
to the deepest depths he’ll find
rising to leave him
to the empty chairs of friends and lovers

friends and lovers
now rise
now gone
as they stand and walk
to let others come in

empty chairs
now new
but changed to old
again
the old chair stays
but made of wood it rots
to recharge the system
old chair now new
new chair now old
I Will Never be the Same Again


Our Home

Green Trees,
Flaming Blades,
Screaming Saws,
Lumberjacks.

New labor,
New jobs,
breaking ground,
losing homes.

Birds fly,
Animals run,
nothing left
but our homes


Empty Chairs

Empty Chairs surround me
once full now empty again
Friends and fake lovers rise
to make room for oncoming others

New faces
pale and blank white
I do not know them
nor will I ever know them complete

Like a never ending wheel
the chairs turn empty
now full again
As the wheel turns
to reveal new
friends and fake lovers
ever changing
to be back again




Condemned to Death

My legs pump
my arms run
even my heart sweats
The wolves are behind me
tearing away the safety nets

Outreaching branches
tear away my skin
Just like the sharks
tore away my kin

Terror is visible
to my naked eye
I will not let them win
or I shall die



Bases

First base is a hope
second is a dream.
Third lies a-waitin
with home already gone


Cut it Down

Nature flows
and nature grows
but nature never dies

Cut it down
and it'll grow back
right on through your eyes



Forlorn Lovers

Like two forlorn lovers
we will run from the law
they can never catch us
as long as we don't fall

We will jump into my car
go for a little ride
and push that speed needle
to the other side

I look into your eyes
salvation I do see
blue and red behind us
but fireworks inside


Break Up

I remember the day when my love,
my one and only true,
sat beside me.
My arm locked in hers
and our lips intertwined
I can remember the feel of her bosom
and her eyes dancing with pleasure
Green beautiful eyre
Emeralds remain in my head
for true beauty cannot be forgotten
I knew how her heart feels
as it beat only for me
I know how my heart feels as it sends out signals
like morse code with no receiver
There is nothing I would not do
just to hold her again
I have gone a thousand miles across land & sea
but I am left to remember
when she would come looking for me
For she will find another
who could do more than I
and leave me in his wake
I do wish it now
I wish to be anyone
Who can see her eyes dance with please


Die Like a Martyr

Die like a martyr
Die like a martyr
for all those you love
Die like a martyr

Your country needs you
religon too
So for your God
kill your brother

No man shall wait
and neither will fate
So if it's peace you want
Die like a martyr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home