Mr. Chiotos' Record

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Heck of a Mornin

Just got out of the shower and am gettin ready to head down to Charleston - a bit later than I expected, but it's been a fuller morning than I expected, so no worries there.

Oh, hot damn, the hike I went on earlier was epic. Well...maybe not epic, but it was pretty incredible. I'm trying to upload a video of it, but it doesn't seem to be working - especially not with dial-up. I'll put pictures up instead later on when I have a quicker connection down in Charleston.

I am so proud & glad that I took the morning and went on a hike with no one but Bob's dog Mia coming along with me. This kind of hike was something that I thought was out of the question last January when I was thinking a lot about the limitations of diabetes - but, I survived. It was a basic 2 hour hike up to the ridge and along the ridge to the natural gas pipeline cut back along and down the same ridge back to here.

Once I got up to the natural gas pipeline, I walked along that for a bit & eventually reached the other ridge. But - wasn't sure whether that was the right one and I hadn't packed enough food to potentially get lost so I just came right back along & down the ridge I had come up. Next time I'll pack a whole bunch of trail mix & get it measured out for a full meal and try out that other ridge. I should know how to get around this place and Mia's a helluva companion.

Dogs are pretty amazing - she just stays within 500 feet of me the whole time. Whether she's up the incline or down the incline, she keeps herself within hearing distance of the leaves crunching under my feet & the breaking underbrush I plowed/ducked my way through. At one point she got a smell of something, jogged off, looked at me (saying, "hey, stay here, I'll be back), and went down the incline for 5-10 minutes then came right back. So, I just sat down on a wet log, wrote in my journal, and waited until she got back. It was pretty incredible, dogs rock. Most of the time I wasn't sure who was leading who...she was in front then I was in front then she was in front looking back to check on me to make sure I hadn't collapsed then I was back in front. Good hiking buddy.

Didn't stay too much to the path - tried to- but was oftentmes climbing up 60 degree slopes it seemed like beating my way through the underbrush and fallen trees. I'm real glad I didn't get bit by a snake. There were nat gas/logging roads that I could walk on - but they would all of a sudden come to a big pile of fallen trees or there would be a trail that lead up the incline.

Before going on the hike, I gathered up some kindling for the next time I/other folks go in the hot tub, starting to run low on wood - gotta get more than we have.

So, all in all, great morning and great pace to head into Charleston for the movie...I think Viv Stockman is getting some folks together to see a reggae band at a bar in town - so I'll probably do that afterwards.

Hot damn & hittin the road!

3 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A shared trap hosting military talents or essential hosting worship army or arrive from host refers to a web hosting servicing where various websites reside on harmonious trap server connected to the Internet. Each site "sits" on its own break-up, or section/place on the server, to regard it detach from other sites. This is on average the most close-fisted choice on account of hosting, as many people cut the inclusive expenditure of server maintenance.
[url=http://hostinghouse.pl]hosting[/url]

 
At 3:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By us now to grasp more facts and facts in the matter of Visit us now to obtain more knowledge and facts anyway [url=http://select.compare.com.pl]Kurs paznokcie[/url]

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.flixya.com/user/saclongchampa/blogs]sacs longchamp pas cher[/url] Designer Inspired Skepps Studded Satchel - Colors12. : , Dasein Heart Inspired A-Frame Shoulder Bag w/ Croco Trim99. : , Magid Satin Asymetrical Box E7241 Clutch7. Over time, Louis Vuitton started developing luxurious wristwatches as well as, by building his boy Georgie towards the design crew, duffel baggage Mulberry Antony Natural Leather Messenger Bag Black for Men,Cheap Mulberry Bags On Sale, Mulberry Bags Outlet, fast delivery. in addition to totes. As soon as Georgie presented the particular initialed or monogrammed canvas theme, the style speedily needed the style entire world through hurricane and became the quality of the trademark. Three decades soon after establishing the first shop, your Lv released the opening of any London-based shop.
[url=http://longchampsoldesa.postbit.com/]sacs longchamps[/url] Dressed in a suit and tie travelling on a plane full of holiday makers to Alicante is depressing enough but then it the taxi to the plant, a full days work in an air conditioned office followed by the taxi to the hotel. Back to the plant in the morning, another full day etc. Online Discount Mulberry Handbags Outlet Store Online, Wonderful Mulberry Zip Printed Leather Purse Black for Women free shipping etc the picture? What the weather got to do with it?.
[url=http://www.blogstoday.co.uk/bloghome.aspx?username=longchampbagsd]longchamp soldes[/url] As we predicted, the Cambridge Satchel may maybe be the subsequent large thing. The brilliant Top Quality Mulberry Outlet Sale Women's Alexa Foggy Grey Soft Buffalo Bags sale with brand new styles neon colours (pink, yellow, orange) are each and every among the rages and with important design pop, it is regularly a deal with that speaks volumes concerning the girl. Saturated with important development setting power, the UK-based company has founded just one heck within of the bag with sassy charm, durability, versatility, and spaciousness to sustain all of your common must-haves.. The third cosmetic bag is also priced at 65, called the large T-seam. Ideal to take with you when travelling, or for simply keeping at home, this make up bag is big enough to store everything from your makeup to your perfume. With a matching red nylon lining, its an asset to Lulu Guinness and the assortment of products offered by her...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home